Oxlade – “Eclipse” The EP
Fast rising Afrobeat artiste, Oxlade surprises music fans with the release of a new project titled ECLIPSE EP.
Oxlade is the stage name of Nigerian singer Ikuforiji Abdulrahman Olaitan, best known for such Afro-fusion hits as “AWAY,” “HOLD ON,” and “O2.” Inspired by the music of Nigerian star Wande Coal, Oxlade cut his first demo at age 11 with the help of his uncle, a professional sound mixer.
According to Apple Music
- His big break came in 2018, when he was featured on “Mamiwota,” a hit by Nigerian rapper Blaqbonez.
- In 2018, his dreamy “Questionnaire” was his first solo track to catch fire in Nigeria, thanks to the endorsement of renowned singer and producer Davido, who hyped him on social media.
- All six tracks from Oxlade’s acclaimed 2020 EP, OXYGENE, reached the Top 20 of Nigeria’s Apple Music Top 100 World Songs chart, with the infectious “AWAY” peaking at No. 2.
- Oxlade’s smooth jazz-tinged single, “DKT,” hit No. 8 on Ireland’s Apple Music Top 100 World Songs chart in 2020, proving his appeal far beyond his homeland.
- He has collaborated with several other popular Nigerian artists, including M.I Abaga, Ice Prince, Moelogo, Jinmi Abduls, and Fiokee.
Today August 20, 2021, Oxlade is return with a new EP titled “ECLIPSE“. A four track mini project.
- PAY ME
On the Eclipse EP, Oxlade joins forces with producer Coublon for an emotive dose of Afropop. Cocooned within falsetto-draped soundbeds, Oxlade (Ikuforiji Olaitan Abdulrahman) navigates the complexities of love with infectious lyricism. While “More” displays an eagerness for romance, “Ojuju” folds a sense of trepidation between its polyrhythms. With its beguiling refrains, dub bassline and mellifluous chords, “Incomplete” best captures the magic of this duo.
Listen and Enjoy!